Tuesday, 13 October 2015

The Middle table top?


Well now it was time to start thinking about the table tops. The first one (the one in the middle) was going to be a bit of a cheat and just made out of MDF. Not my first choice but as no-one was really going to see it and it will all be covered in varnish anyway I decided this was the way

It is supported with 2 beams going across it from front to back. I decided on 2 supports as it needed it with the 6mm MDF I chose.




I also added some end supports but these were much smaller as they were not really weight bearing. The good thing was I had some spare pine to use. The screws are also self tapping which made it much easier to attach in place.



Lastly I need some supports around the corners as there was not enough there. These will be removed when the gluing process has been completed. The whole middle section will be glued in place. The supports are attached temporarily with a good quality double sided tape. This is the same tape used for all my router tracing and hangs on really well.


The top before it is glued in place later looks like this


Once it is all glued up and in place I will post more pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment